Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Everyone has a story...Chick-fil-A

It was a quick stop for lunch at the local Chick-fil-A that would prove to be one of my many laughable or dumb moments…okay, it was a dumb moment, but F-U-N-N-Y!

I have never been one to accept and embrace change. I remain less confused if things stay the same. Obama has brought CHANGE to America in many ways. Apparently, one change must be happening at local fast food restaurants. Get ready America for the headset wearing, standing by the intercom, order taking, handing condiments out, drive thru fast food restaurants. This change is coming and is sneaking up on us…I tell you, in jest.

As Dan quickly pulls into the drive thru with me in the passenger seat and ready to say, “I’ll have a number one; make the waffle fries and sweet tea a large, and one chicken salad sandwich please”. The same order we have made at the many Chick-fil- A intercoms we have visited. It was the young man with the headset standing by the intercom located between TWO menu boards that threw me into a moment of confusion, I guess. Hmm, intercom must be broken, I thought. To add to my confusion, the young man without saying a word holds up a laminated Chick-fil- A menu. I say again to my defense, without saying a word.


What follows is my moment…


Young man in headset…standing between two menu boards…holding laminated menu…not saying a word!


Me…bending forward S-L-O-W-L-Y mouthing the words…………


“DO YOU NEED FOR US TO POINT AT WHAT WE WANT”? Yes, I concluded that he had to be deaf!


Young man in headset…without cracking his Chick-fil- A persona SPEAKS, “No, I’ll take your order”.


Me…Head spinning with feelings of what just happened, softly saying, “Oh No, I thought you were deaf’!


Dan quickly says I’ll have a number one; make the waffle fries and sweet tea a large, and one chicken salad sandwich please”. He pulls forward turns to me with this I am married to a crazy woman look on his face, and says, “What the heck…you thought he was deaf?” How did you think he was going to relay the order to the front?”


Me…LAUGHING SO HARD AND LOUD and struggling to get out the words…


"I DIDN’T THINK THAT FAR AHEAD!"


There are moments in our lives that happen with strangers if we only take the opportunity to get to know each other and allow ourselves the time to share a little of us with them. This was one of my moments.


Thanks Obama! I completely blame this on you, again I jest!

No comments:

Post a Comment